Call for Artists
Submission Deadline: 26th of January 2014
It is with great excitement that Arteries Foundation organizes for the second time the “Arteries Project”.
Following the success of 2013 project, Arteries Foundation is now pleased to announce an open call for artists over 20 years old to participate in the “Arteries Project 2014”
What is Arteries Project?
The Arteries Project is an innovative contemporary art program that takes place in various indoors and outdoors spaces in Limassol’s historical city centre. It provides the participant artists with the opportunity to exhibit their work outside of the confined gallery spaces in order to reach a wider audience.
How does that work?
With the guidance of a map - that portrays the exhibition spaces - the visitor is able to navigate through various locations in the city centre (such as cafes, bars, restaurants and public squares) and come into contact with the work of local as well as international artists from the contemporary art scene.
Why should I participate?
Arteries Project provides the opportunity to both established and young emerging artists to promote their work and create a platform for exploring contemporary cultural practice. By participating in ‘Arteries Project 2014’, the artist helps to highlight the role of the contemporary arts as a catalyst for social change and contribute to the formation of Limassol’s modern identity and Cyprus’s cultural life.
Who can participate?
- Individual artists
- Artists groups
- Curators with an exhibition proposal
Arteries Project embraces all genres of contemporary art ranging from painting, sculpture, textiles, graphic design, architecture, installation, performance, photography and video.
1. A Recent CV
2. Portfolio of the work that will be exhibited in Arteries project in .pdf form.
* All images must have: title, year, medium, and size.
3. Artist Statement of no more than 300 words, describing the work that will be exhibited in Arteries project.
4. If there are video pieces in your proposal you should include a link to examples on vimeo or youtube.
For Curators: Curatorial statement of no more than 300 words, describing your approach to curating and the concept of the exhibition. Include the exhibition title and lists of artists.
Your application could be either in Greek or English.
Any application that does not fulfill the above requirements will not be considered.
All artists chosen to participate in the Project will be liable to pay to a participation fee of Euro 50.00
All artworks will be available for sale
Artists should send their application via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 36,Staxtouri Str.,3032, Limassol-Cyprus, quoting the title of the project.
January 26, 2014: Deadline for application
February 2-9, 2014: Announcement of accepted artists
March 17, 2014: Delivery of work
May 15, 2014: Exhibition opening
June 8, 2014 : Exhibition closing
June 13-15, 2014: Deadline for picking up the work
If you require additional information do not hesitated to contact us at: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions:
- All artworks delivered must have a securely attached hanging wire or something of similar nature.
- All Participants are responsible for the transportation of their artwork. Transportation costs and other expenses relating to transportation of any form of artwork are the sole responsibility of the participants.
- Arteries Foundation cannot be held liable for any transportation and/or other costs and/or damages incurring directly or indirectly from the transportation and/or installation and/or exhibition of any form of artwork participating in this Project.
- Arteries Foundation reserves the right to cancel and/or postpone the Project at any time and at their own discretion without incurring any liability for any costs and/or expenses incurred by the Participants or any other person involved in the Project in any capacity.